Special thanks to Picho, info taken from Nodiatis forum.
Trapping is a lot different than other trade skills. You can only use it once per day per trap you have set. To trap, you first have to get the traps, and find a place to put them. Stick them in storage in that place. (around towns is good place.) then fight a monster. After the monster is defeated, right click on the trap and say "set trap"
The next day go to the trap, defeat a monster and then right click the trap in your storage and say "Check Trap" after a little while a trap will appear and you push the space bar.
Detailed tutorial on trapping: (by Glitchless)
- Purchase several Rodent Traps at the pet store. Traps can be used over and over again but having more traps to set will increase the amount you can catch per day.
- Go fight a creature, after having killed a creature exit looting and put a single trap into storage.
- Right click the trap in storage and click "Set Trap" Repeat Steps 2 & 3 for other traps.
- Come back in 1 or 2 days to check on your traps. Waiting 2 days is better than 1 but waiting more than that does not increase the chance of success.
- Right click a trap that you have returned to (you must be at its location) and click "Check Trap", wait until you locate the trap and hit the spacebar to see if you have caught anything. Your trap will remain set for you to check on in another day or two whether you have caught something or not.
This nets you rat heads/wiskers and other such thing. You have to keep them in your inventory for a day where they will rot into their usable form.
|Trapping||Level Required to Process||Sinew|
|Diseased Rat Head||0||Diseased Sinew|
|Slimy Rat Whiskers||3||Slimy Sinew|
|Chewed Rat Ear||6||Chewed Sinew|
|Plague Rat Tail||10||Plague Sinew|
|Moldy Rat Leg||13||Moldy Sinew|
|Bile Soaked Rat Torso||17||Bile Soaked Sinew|
|Large Rat Head||20||Coarse Sinew|
|White Rat Whiskers||24||White Whisker Sinew|
|Shriveled Rat Ear||27||Shriveled Ear Sinew|
|Pink Rat Tail||30||Pink Tail Sinew|
|Meaty Rat Leg||Meaty Leg Sinew|
|Hairy Rat Torso||Thick Hairy Sinew|
|Owlmouse Head||Brainy Sinew|
|Pink Rat Whiskers||Pink Whisker Sinew|
|Owlmouse Ear||Inner Ear Sinew|
|Long Mouse Tail||Lengthy Tail Sinew|
|Owlmouse Leg||Owlmouse Leg Sinew|
|Vibrant Mouse Torso||Vibrant Torso Sinew|
|Vampire Rat Head||Vibrant Head Sinew|
|Vamprat Whiskers||Vamprat Whisker Sinew|
|Blood Filled Earsack||Bloody Ear Sinew|
|Night Thrasher||Thrasher Sinew|
|Vamprat Leg||Vamprat Leg Sinew|
|Vamprat Torso||Vamprat Rib Sinew|
|Aquamouse Head||Aqua Brain Sinew|
|Flowing Mouse Whiskers||Water Whisker Sinew|
|Pristine Mouse Ear||Pristine Ear Sinew|
|Glowing Mouse Tail||Glowtail Sinew|
|Aquamouse Leg||Aqua Leg Sinew|
|Aquamouse Torso||Aqua Rib Sinew|